Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Creative Loafing - Creative Loafing Atlanta: Flicks: Review: Et tu, YouTube?


"In a famous medical study, scientists hooked the pleasure center of a lab rat's brain up to a self-controlled switch. The rodent practically wore out the button by repeatedly pushing it -- to the exclusion of even feeding itself.
I exhibit similar behavior whenever I go to the YouTube website. Lately, I've been compulsively clicking my mouse to rerun 'The Easter Bunny Hates You,' which, as far as I'm concerned, is 112 seconds of bliss. The short film's plot solely consists of a guy in a white bunny suit chasing down people and wailing on them with violent creativity, like forcing cellophane Easter basket grass into one victim's mouth. For a one-joke clip, its action-movie vocabulary is pitch perfect. I can't get enough.
YouTube.com doesn't always originate material like 'The Easter Bunny Hates You,' but since its start just over a year ago, the self-described 'digital video repository' has become a one-stop shop for the funny/strange ephemera of the World Wide Web."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home