Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Q&A: Ulyana Mineeva Russian Video Blogger, Part 1


How long have you been blogging?

since July 16th (approximately)

Do you have a website or text/photo blog?

Yeah, I have a text blog at www.livejournal.com, and video blog at www.vidilife.com

How long have you had your LiveJournal?

for about 2 years and a half ( I changed my username 3 or 4 times)

Where did you learn English?

I've been learning English for 11 years: I started at school, and then continued at university. The thing is I was always interested in this language, so I read books in Engilsh, watched movies etc. Oh, and I had good practice with native speakers.

Native Speakers?

Americans, Englishmen

Do you go to school?

Moscow State University

What classes do you take? Do you have a part time job? Do they offer classes in digital video production?

My major is philology and I aboslutely hate it... its not something I was looking for in my life. I don't have a part-time job, because I don't have job at all. And no - they don't offer classes on digital video production.

What video camera do you use?

Sony MiniDV DCR-HC18E

What do you like about the DCR-HC18E? What don't you like about it? Where did you get it? How do you like the touch panel display? Does it have a memery stick? How is the battery life? How do you like the Nightshot? Does it have an external mic port?

I like everything about my camera. SOunds naive but its true. I haven't found anything negative about it yet. I bought it in Moscow, in the place called "Gorbushka", they sell electronic stuff there. I like the touch panel display - its very handy. It doesn't have a memory stick. The battery lasts for several hours (I mean the recording time). Nightshot is quite interesting (I think you have seen my Night Yacht video - kinda extream :P) Yes, it has an external mic port.

What editing software do you use?

Ulead VideoStudio 9

What do you like about Ulead VideoStudio 9? What don't you like about the program? How long did it take you to learn it? How did you get it? Have you used the "Chroma Key" feature?

I like about this program.... that it is very simple to use and I got used to it after a while, not a long time though. I haven't studied it 100% yet so there is nothing I don't like. The program was bought. No I havent used this chroma key thing.

What digital camera (still) do you use?

Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom

What do you like about the Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom? What don't you like about it? Where did you get it?

OH I LOVE everything about this camera, no minuses. Seriously. My dad gave it to me as a b-day present

What do you want to be doing in five years?

I want to be either a journalist or a photographer, and I want to work abroad.

Abroad? UK, Europe? US? Why?

In Turkey, because my bf lives there. I think I'll move there.

How do you like vidilife?

I love it!

What are some of the things you like about vidilife? Have you tried other free video hosting sites?

Everything is easy to understand, attractive interface, the opportunity to upload your own videos and then post them on the website. I haven't tried other hosting sites

How did you find out about vidilife?

from the webmaster of the website

How did this happen?

www.netfriendships.com , it was promoted there.

Over the next couple of weeks, Ulyana will video tape herself answering a series of interview questions. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home