Monday, October 31, 2005

On the BBC Annotatable Audio project... (plasticbag.org)

On the BBC Annotatable Audio project... (plasticbag.org):



"This post concerns an experimental internal-BBC-only project designed to allow users to collectively describe, segment and annotate audio in a Wikipedia-style fashion. It was developed by the BBC Radio & Music Interactive R&D team - for this project consisting of myself, Tristan Ferne, Chris Bowley, Helen Crowe, Paul Clifford and Bronwyn Van Der Merwe. Although the project is a BBC project, all the speculation and theorising around the edges is my own and does not necessarily represent the opinion of my department or the BBC in general.
It's officially my last day at the BBC today, but with the permission of my outgoing boss Mr Daniel Hill I'm going to make the very best use of it by talking about a project that we've been working on for the last few weeks. I consider it one of the most exciting projects I've ever worked on, and BBC Radio & Music Interactive one of the only places in the world where I would have been able to have done so."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home