Thursday, August 04, 2005

Video Journal :: spokesmanreview.com

"Welcome visitors to "Video Journal," a new video blog (vlog) here at spokesmanreview.com.

For the last year I have dabbled in the world of video storytelling. For the better part of 17 years, I have shot still photographs for The Spokesman-Review newspaper. Now, with the support of my editors, I have transitioned to shooting video stories full-time for our online department.

It was not an easy decision for me to make. I love the art of still photojournalism. When I started at the newspaper I shot mostly black and white film, developing it in skin-cracking chemicals. When the negatives dried, I would rush to make a perfect print (in more skin-cracking chemicals.) Those days are long gone, replaced by digital cameras, whose images can be transmited by laptop computer to the newspaper in minutes. Like it or not, our world has become a digital one.

So why video? What does it hold for you the regular visitor to Spokesmanreview.com? Good storytelling I hope. I want to tell stories the local TV news stations, with their breathless reporters, doing live standups of stale stories, fail to do anymore. There are so many great little stories that go unnoticed each day. Stories that matter to you, yet, never seem to get told. And this is where you can help me. Send me your story ideas. If they are good, I will do my best to tell it in video." (more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home