Monday, August 01, 2005

YouTube.com - The Official Announcement

I'm Charles Chariya and I'm represent www.YouTube.com. I met several of you when I presented at the SoHo
Apple event this past weekend, but I realized that many probably weren't able to attend.

YouTube is a service that was launched about 6 weeks ago. It's already has thousands of videos uploaded, and is currently streaming about 20,000 videos a day. It's a fast, easy to use, dedicated video repository that is all based on Flash video. You simply upload your videos (in whatever format) and share it with friends.

The goals are obvious - to make it easier for people to share their work, and to make it easier for people to find the available video content out there. Give it a spin and let me know what you think. Please be mindful that this is pretty much a work in progress, and new functionality will be going up in about 3 weeks.

Thanks again for your time, and look forward to meeting more of you.

Charles
http://www.YouTube.com

PS - My full-time job is with Yahoo, so I think it's great we're using Yahoo Groups, and Yahoo Video Search (check out http://www.theyammys.com if you want to compete in a digital video contest).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home